Kevlar Laser Cutting
With its many helmet and body armor applications, the integrity of processed KevlarÂ® is critical. Twist drills or other mechanical processes can easily fray the metalâ€™s thin layers, degrading the material and causing KevlarÂ® to lose some of its protective properties.
Thatâ€™s why laser cutting, with its ability to make clean, precise cuts, is ideal for KevlarÂ®. Ambox the only company in the United States â€“ and just one of two in the world â€“ that provides laser cutting for KevlarÂ®. Our KevlarÂ® capabilities, performed with our 6-axis 1,500-watt CNC controlled cutting system, include:
- Thickness up to 1/4â€
- Accuracy to .002â€
- Any size up to 5â€™ x 10â€™
- Military helmet processing, including cutting, and creating holes for straps and accessories
- Flexibility to make minute changes
- Clean edges eliminate the need for polishing or other post-cut treatment
- Fast and economical process
Without the need for retooling, our process guarantees consistently accurate cuts that can be delivered fast.
And with our location near the Port of Houston and access to large amounts of quality KevlarÂ® through our vendors, we provide fast and efficient KevlarÂ® processing that can be used in countless applications:
- Body armor and protective clothing
- Sports equipment
Contact us today.